If I could turn back time…
This list was initially going to be 10 things long, but I could only think of 5. What 5 things do you wish you knew? (Tomorrow will be a new spin: 5 pieces of unsolicited advice).
1. Read every article and book carefully and make good notes.
2. Keep a good working bibliography. I took this advice after I finished my first chapter. Don’t wait that long!
3. It is important to have hobbies. Especially hobbies that have measurable results, like cooking.
4. Microsoft Word has a read aloud function.
5. Sometimes a break is healthy, sometimes it’s procrastination. Know the difference.